2017 BOXING fight – Naoya Inoue vs Antonio Nieves – full fight Video WBO

Since we have been blocked on Facebook and Twitter, it's better you join us on Telegram!-)
Join Us on Telegram! AllTheBestFights.com button
If you can't watch a video due to geographic restrictions, get ExpressVPN clicking on this link, and you receive 3 extra months free (30 day money-back guarantee).
3 Star RatingReview by AllTheBestFights.com: 2017-09-09, good fight between Naoya Inoue and Antonio Nieves: it gets three stars.

The undefeated world champion in two different weight classes Naoya Inoue entered this fight with a perfect record of 13-0-0 (11 KOs=85%) and he is ranked as the No.3 super flyweight in the world (currently the #1 in this division is Srisaket Sor Rungvisai). In his last three bouts he has won over Karoon Jarupianlerd (=Inoue vs Jarupianlerd), Kohei Kono (=Inoue vs Kono) and Ricardo Rodriguez (=Inoue vs Rodriguez).
His opponent, Antonio Nieves, has a boxing record of 17-1-2 (9 knockouts) and he entered as the No.58 bantamweight but he comes off the loss against Nikolai Potapov. Naoya Inoue vs Antonio Nieves is valid for the WBO World super flyweight title; undercard of Srisaket Sor Rungvisai vs Roman Gonzalez 2. Watch the video and rate this fight!


Date: 2017-09-09

Where: StubHub Center, Carson, California, USA

Division: super flyweight (115 lbs, 52.2 kg)

Title: WBO World Super Flyweight title

Result: Click here to show the fight’s result
Naoya Inoue def. Antonio Nieves (Retirement at 3:00, round 6)


Inoue’s previous fight: Naoya Inoue vs Ricardo Rodriguez

Inoue’s next fight: Naoya Inoue vs Yoan Boyeaux


Inoue vs Nieves Fight Video:

(Free embeddable video hosted on Dailymotion and not uploaded by AllTheBestFights)

Official highlights

Support AllTheBestFights.com! We believe in a free, open and decentralized internet.
donation crypto button AllTheBestFights.com or donation paypal button AllTheBestFights.com
Thanks to our donors of 2022: Merbin, Kevin, Gregory...



6 comments on “2017 BOXING fight – Naoya Inoue vs Antonio Nieves – full fight Video WBO”

  1. Inoue’s punching power is astounding, but his overall game, including defense, is quite impressive as well. As mentioned in the other comment, I see some interesting match ups in this division down the road.

  2. Total domination from a monster puncher fighting against a very brave warrior who hasn’t the tools and shielded required to win this bout. Inoue wasn’t able to finish this fight earlier only because his lack of experience. However, he is young and in a developing stage, so most likely, in his future fights he and his coach would apply lessons learned from previous bouts.

    • Inoue throws like a guy 20-lbs. heavier. As you say, remarkable courage by the out-classed Nieves. He isn’t bad; but Inoue will go through ordinary talents like Hurricane Irma through plaster.

      It’s some ways off, but Inoue vs. Sor Rungvisai will be a battle to see.

      • Arjay Cee: I’m totally agree with your observation. I was also thinking what an excellent fight would be the one between Inoue vs, Sor Rungvisai since the aggressiveness both of them are capable. However, I fully believe that the Japanese should take due time before dealing with such a brutal opponent.

        • I agree, Tango. Inoue should take his time developing his craft. No need to rush things. He has natural gifts that will set him apart from 90% of the competition — now he needs the tools for dealing with the remaining 10%!

          • Arjay Cee: I’m pretty sure that his father by being his coach would take good care no to expose his son early to the fury of the elements. As you said he has to work with the 10% still missing in his portfolio..

Leave a Comment